Annual Education Results Report
Accountability is the obligation to be answerable for the performance and results of one’s assigned responsibilities. The Division recognizes its responsibility to keep stakeholders informed about accomplishments and work toward goals.
The Division will keep the public informed of the accomplishments of the Division through publishing and distributing an Annual Education Results Report.
- The Superintendent will develop an Annual Education Results Report in accordance with Alberta Education policy and regulations, and submit it to the Board for approval. The Board will submit the Report to the Minister by November 30 of each year.
- The Annual Education Results Report will contain information regarding progress toward meeting the goals and objectives established by the Division in the Three-Year Education Plan.
- The Annual Education Results Report shall contain the results on mandatory and optional measures gathered through the year from such activities as ongoing reviews, evaluations, surveys, planning sessions and workshops.
- The format for reporting optional measures and additional information in the Division Annual Education Results Report will be consistent with the requirements as outlined by Alberta Education.
- The Annual Education Results Report will be posted on the Division website. Copies will be available in schools and Division Office upon request.
- The Division shall use the Annual Education Results Report for information in the planning and policymaking cycle and make adjustments to its goals as necessary.
Sections 22, 39, 60, 61, 77, 78, 113 School Act
School Authority Accountability Policy 2.1.1
Business Plans and Results Reports Policy 3.2.1
Accountability in Education – Policy Framework, June 1995
Guide to Education Planning and Results Reporting
Board Policy 2 Role of the Board
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Reviewed February 2017