School Education Planning and Reporting
The Division believes in the importance of developing school education plans.
- The Principal will ensure that annual education plans are aligned with Board goals.
- The Principal will ensure that schools report on the school education plan results and future plans in the Annual Results and Planning Review.
- The planning and reporting process is cyclical in nature.
- Normally, by May 30 prior to the next school year, the Principal of each school will submit to the Office of the Superintendent a School Education Plan and Budget for the following school year.
- The format for the School Education Plan and Budget will be determined by the Superintendent in consultation with the principals.
- In developing a School Education Plan the Principal will invite input from relevant stakeholders.
- By November 30 the Principal of each school will submit to the Office of the Superintendent a results review of the previous school year’s student achievement, School Education Plan and School Budget.
Sections 22, 39, 60, 61, 77, 78, 113 School Act
School Authority Accountability Policy 2.1.1
Business Plans and Results Reports policy 3.2.1
Guide to Education Planning and Results Reporting
Board Policy 2 Role of the Board
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised January 2014