Policy And Procedures Dissemination
The Superintendent has been given the responsibility for implementing policy and procedures, which includes maintaining the Board Policy Handbook and the Administrative Procedures Manual and their dissemination to the appropriate members of the Division.
- A review of all administrative procedures will be carried out through the Office of the Superintendent on an annual basis.
- The Superintendent will ensure that the Board Policy Handbook and the Administrative Procedures Manual will be available on the Division website so that all trustees, staff members, students, parents, and the general public have ready access to all Board Policies and Administrative Procedures.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Principal and central office supervisors to convey to and interpret policy and administrative procedures to their respective staffs.
- Development or review of a specific administrative procedure may be initiated at any time by a formal request from the Board, a School Council, or a staff member who is personally affected by that procedure. The request for development or review shall detail the issues and concerns associated with the administrative procedure and, if possible in the case of review, offer suggestions for revision.
- Any decisions arising from a review of administrative procedures will be communicated expeditiously to all affected stakeholders.
Sections 60, 61, 113 School Act
Board Policy 10 Policy Making
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Reviewed February 2017