English As A Second Language
The Division believes in providing programs for students who require instruction in English as a Second Language (ESL).
- The objective of ESL programs shall be to facilitate the integration of students with English as a Second Language needs into the regular classroom, school programs and community activities.
- The Principal shall register, assess and place students who require an English as a Second Language program.
- The Principal shall ensure that the ESL programming is monitored regularly.
- The Principal shall ensure that appropriate student evaluation practices are implemented.
- The Principal shall ensure that an individual plan (IPP) is maintained for eligible students.
Sections 8, 9, 20, 45, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Policy 1.5.1 – English as a Second Language
Funding Manual for School Authorities
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Reviewed July 2010