Second Language Programs
Second language programs benefit students.
- To introduce a second language program, the Principal, in consultation with the School Council, must prepare a long-range plan that addresses:
- Parent and community support;
- Enrollment projections, class organization and time requirements;
- Financial implications; and
- Impact on other school programs and Division programs.
- The Superintendent may approve the introduction of a second language into the school.
Sections 6, 9, 10, 11, 20, 21, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Section 23, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom
Policy 1.5.2 – French as a Second Language and French Language Immersion
Alberta Education 2009 FSL Guide to Implementation - Grade 10-12 (Nine-year)
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Board Policy 2 Role of the Board
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised August 2018