Reduction of Support Staff Positions
Circumstances may dictate the reduction of support staff positions.
- The Superintendent will ensure that reduction selections are based on program needs. The following factors may result in a change in program needs:
- New and/or revised curriculum;
- Shifts in student enrolment;
- Financial restrictions;
- School closure or grade discontinuation; and
- Other reasons which the Division deems relevant.
- The Superintendent will first attempt to reduce support staff positions through attrition, leaves of absence, or change in employment status.
- If further reduction is necessary, the Superintendent will reduce support staff positions through transfer.
- Finally, if further reduction is required, the Superintendent shall terminate contracts.
Sections 20, 60, 61, 113, 116 School Act
Employment Standards Act
CUPE Collective Agreement
Terms of Employment
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent