Revenues From Investments
The Division believes in the prudent investment and management of funds.
- Investment of funds shall be made in the following order of priority:
- Safety of principle;
- Rate of return.
- Investments shall be restricted to those which may be invested under the Trustee Act or as otherwise permitted by the Minister of Education.
- Investment returns from defined sources (e.g., scholarship trusts, capital reserves. etc.) shall be added to the principle on a pro-rata basis.
- The Secretary-Treasurer makes investment decisions and monitors investment performance.
- Reports regarding investments shall be made to the Board by November 30 each year.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall recommend annually, following the November 30 report based on the Annual Financial Statement, how investment returns, excepting trust fund returns, may be distributed.
Sections 20, 22, 60, 61, 113, 116, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 School Act
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent