Employee Expense Compensation
The Division believes in compensating employees for approved expenses.
- The Board shall establish compensation rates.
- The Division shall compensate employees for approved travel, meals, accommodations and registration fees.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall ensure the appropriate approval of expense claims.
- Only the Superintendent may, at his/her discretion, approve trips outside of Alberta.
- Site Supervisor/Principal Directed
- When a site supervisor or Principal directs a staff member to attend a meeting, professional development activity or training opportunity, the staff member will be reimbursed for expenses as per the Appendix.
- Staff Initiated Travel and Subsistence
- Staff members at a site may agree to reduce the reimbursement rates included in the Appendix.
- Site supervisors and principals must inform staff members of the reimbursement that will be paid prior to the staff member undertaking the activity.
- Employees shall submit support documents to verify their claims, as per Form 514-1.
Sections 20, 60, 61, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent