Organization for Instruction
The Principal is held accountable for the organization of the plan for instruction at his/her school.
- The Principal, in consultation with staff, shall develop a school plan which shall clearly outline the:
- Organization of classes;
- Organization of teacher assignments;
- Course offerings of the school; and
- The co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- The function of assigning students to classes is the responsibility of the Principal, in consultation with all staff members affected at that instructional level. As much as possible, schools are to utilize heterogeneous groupings of students.
- It is further recognized that flexible groupings to meet the diverse needs of students may be utilized.
Sections 60, 61, 113 School Act
Board Policy 2 Role of the Board
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Created August 2014