Signing officers are designated for efficient and effective operation.
The Division signing officers shall be:
- Board Chair or Superintendent and the Secretary-Treasurer for corporate contracts.
- Secretary-Treasurer and Assistant Secretary-Treasurer or, in the absence of one, the Superintendent for all accounts payable.
- Superintendent or designate for teachers, Division Office support staff, school based support staff, maintenance staff and transportation staff offers of employment.
- Superintendent or designate and Secretary-Treasurer for bus, custodial and courier contracts.
- Board Chair and Secretary-Treasurer for Board minutes.
- Committee Chair and designated executive member for records of committee meetings.
- Secretary-Treasurer and the Assistant Secretary-Treasurer for payroll cheques.
- Secretary-Treasurer and Director of Transportation for transportation agreements.
- Secretary-Treasurer and Director of Maintenance for IMR contracts.
Sections 60, 61, 113, 116, 117 School Act
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised January 2016