Telephone: 780.778.2800 Toll Free: 1.800.262.8674

< Back to News

Survey: Alternate Seat Fee for school bus transportation

Posted on Jun 12, 2019

Please share your thoughts with us in this short 3-question survey!

Click here to take the three minute survey!

Northern Gateway Public Schools is looking to find out how many parents/guardians are interested in paying for alternate school bus transportation to and/or from school, from a location other than home.

An Alternate Seat Fee option is being explored by the Board of Trustees. The option would cost parents/guardians an Alternate Seat Fee of $350 annually per child. The fee would allow students who ride the school bus to be picked up and/or dropped off from a secondary location (one location other than home such as a child care facility or dayhome).

Please take a moment to let us know if you would be interested in Alternate Seat Transportation service with daily pick up and/or drop off at a secondary location. Your feedback will inform the Board of Trustees going forward.

Survey responses will be accepted until Thursday, June 20.

Thank you for your time!

Leave a comment:

Pamela landman said on June 13, 2019

Yes, my daughters go to the boys and girls club and bus up to the club from st.marys. I have no other way to get them there, but I’m assuming the fee’s are going up as it was 320.00 last year.

Pamela landman said on June 13, 2019

Kelly Gibson said on June 16, 2019

Yes we would be interested in it for our grandson to be picked up and taken to mayerthorpe.

Jim Hailes said on June 16, 2019

Why would a child who qualifies for bussing have to pay a fee for an alternate drop off point.
What difference does it make if he is being dropped off some place other than home, they still have only one pickup and one drop off and are still being funded.
Is the Board there to represent those they serve or make life easier for drivers and schedulers.
Same question I would ask if I was still sitting there????????

Karen Decoux said on June 17, 2019

Isn't that the same fee as we pay for regular bus? It's just an extra bus pass.
No problem. But it does need to be able tobe pro-rated. It's not feasible to purchase that in March at full price

Amy London said on June 17, 2019

We would definitely not be interested as I feel that price is high for a secondary location.

Kelly said on June 20, 2019

My daughters bus pass would have been free to home I live 1 min away from the boy's and girls club