Knowledge And Employability Courses
The Division recognizes the value of offering a variety of programs to meet students’ needs and to provide learning opportunities and a learning environment in which all students are encouraged to reach their potential. The schools may provide Knowledge and Employability courses at the Junior/Senior High Level.
- Placement in Knowledge and Employability courses at the Junior High level will be carried out in the following manner:
- The regular classroom teacher will refer students to the Knowledge and Employability courses teacher;
- Recommendation for placement in Knowledge and Employability courses shall be based on student achievement and standardized diagnostic test results;
- An annual parental consent form (AP 216 Form) is required before placement in a Knowledge and Employability course;
- Every effort will be made to include students in the regular stream where appropriate; and
- Students in Knowledge and Employability courses at the Junior High level may proceed to the general program at the high school level.
- Students in Knowledge and Employability courses at the Senior High Level may transfer to the high school diploma route in accordance with Alberta Education directives.
Sections 18, 20, 39, 54, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Integrated Occupational Program Policy 1.4.2
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Off-Campus Education Guide for Administrators, Counselors and Teachers
Off Campus Education Policy 1.4.3
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Reviewed July 2010