Vandalism of Division property is unacceptable and it is to be dealt with firmly.
- Principals shall involve appropriate community members regarding vandalism prevention programs.
- All reasonable conclusions, including restitution, to acts of vandalism are to be pursued.
- When appropriate, Principal/site supervisors shall request voluntary restitution from parents and/or students.
- When appropriate, Principal/site supervisors shall report incidences of vandalism to the R.C.M.P. and notify the Superintendent of such communication.
- If necessary, the Superintendent shall request in writing, through the R.C.M.P., appropriate restitution.
Sections 16, 20, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised July 2010