Reporting Student Performance to Students and Parents
A student’s performance must be regularly reported to the student and parents.
- Principals shall consult with teachers and the School Council in the development of the school’s student performance reporting system.
- The Principal must ensure reporting according to the following minimum requirements:
- Kindergarten to Grade 8 – three (3) per year;
- Grades 9 to 12
- Non semestered courses – four (4) per year;
- Semestered courses – two (2) per semester.
- The Principal will make available, to the students and parents, the following performance information:
- The student’s achievement relative to the curriculum requirements of the program; and
- The student’s attitude and effort.
- Reporting, for students in special education programs shall be as per objectives and goals of their Individual Program Plans:
- Substantiating student progress through carefully documented records.
Sections 18, 20, 22, 39, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Board Policy 1 Division Foundational Statements
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised July 2010