Analysis of Achievement and Diploma Exam Results
Student achievement is enhanced through analyzing Provincial Achievement Test and/or Diploma Examination results.
- The analysis of Provincial Achievement tests by schools shall follow the Alberta Education Guidelines for Interpreting and Using the Results of Achievement Tests distributed with the annual achievement test results.
- The analysis of Diploma examinations by schools shall follow the Alberta Education Guidelines for Interpreting and Using the Results of the Diploma Examinations that accompany the diploma examinations results.
- The Principal and staff shall collaborate in the interpretation and analysis of the results of Diploma Examination and Provincial Achievement Tests.
- Caution is advised in interpreting the results for classes of less than twenty-five (25) students.
- The Principal shall present an action plan, following the analysis, to the Superintendent at the Annual Education Results Review and to the School Council.
- The written report for the Superintendent will include interpretation of the results and action plans to address areas of weakness.
- The role of the teacher will include:
- To contribute to the development of the school report;
- To work with other teachers in the interpretation and analysis of test results;
- To develop recommendations and action plans for improved student learning; and
- To share the school results and action plans.
- The role of the Principal will include:
- To facilitate teacher input across all grades to develop a composite of variables that contribute to improved student performance;
- To establish school targets annually for each subject in relation to jurisdiction and provincial targets;
- To develop and implement a plan to improve student performance;
- To develop and implement a communication plan to share results with parents; and
- To develop the school report for submission to the Superintendent.
Sections 12, 18, 20, 22, 23, 39, 60, 61, 113 School Act
Ministerial Order 016/97 – Teaching Quality Standard
Practice Review of Teachers Regulation 4/99
Student Record Regulation 71/99
Student Evaluation Regulation 169/98
Student Evaluation Policy 2.1.2
Use and Reporting of Results on Provincial Assessments Policy
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Revised July 2010