The Division believes in maintaining appropriate insurance coverage.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall ensure insurance coverage in the following areas:
- Property and liability;
- Persons performing any duties for the Division;
- Student accident;
- Bond and crime; and
- Others as deemed appropriate.
- A minimum of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000) liability insurance shall be arranged and maintained for Division owned vehicles by the Secretary-Treasurer.
- The Director of Transportation Services shall ensure evidence of insurance and vehicle registration is maintained in all Division owned vehicles.
- All contractors not covered through the Division Insurance Broker shall, on an annual basis or when requested, submit a copy o their insurance to the Director of Transportation Services.
- All contractors shall carry no less than the amount of liability insurance maintained for Division owned vehicles.
Sections 20, 60, 61, 113, 116 School Act
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent