Student Transportation in Private Vehicles
In certain circumstances, the transportation of students may be provided using private vehicles.
- The Superintendent will ensure appropriate approval of the regular transportation of students in private vehicles in circumstances where school bus transportation is not appropriate.
- The Superintendent will ensure appropriate approval of the transportation of students in private vehicles for school sponsored activities and medical emergencies.
- All drivers transporting students in private vehicles shall provide the Principal/designate with an abstract of their driving record prior to transporting students.
- Approved drivers whose demerits on their operator’s license come to a current total greater than six (6) shall be suspended from driving until the demerits are reduced to six (6) or less.
- The driver is obligated to notify the Principal or designate immediately, in writing, of any suspension, withdrawal, or if the driver’s demerits on their operator’s license increase to a current total greater than six (6).
- Effective November 1, 2008, students are not to be transported in privately-owned or rented fifteen (15) passenger vans.
Sections 25, 45, 51, 52, 60, 61, 113, 117 School Act
Traffic Safety Act
School Bus Operation Regulation
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (amended AR 197/2000)
Board Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent