For those new to our school division, welcome to Northern Gateway Public Schools! For those returning, welcome back!
Parents should register their child at their appropriately designated school. If you are unfamiliar with the school your child or children may be attending, we encourage you to visit our Division Map to identify your school location, and Our Schools for more site specific information about each of our schools.
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Completed 2018 - 2019 Student Registration Form;
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation;
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student;
- House number and street address if residence is in a town or city; legal land address if residence is on a farm or acreage;
- Home and business telephone numbers;
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students moving into NGPS).
Where do I get a Student Registration Package?
Student registration packages are available year round at your school's main office.
Over the summer, you can find the Student Registration Package online here or by visiting your school's website. Simply complete and return the registration form via mail or email to your school or to the Division Office in Whitecourt.
If you are unsure about designated schools or how to register please contact us at Division Office at 780-778-2800 or toll-free at 1-800-262-8674.