Northern Gateway Public Schools serves just under 5,000 learners in the communities of Alberta Beach, Onoway, Rich Valley, Darwell, Sangudo, Mayerthorpe, Whitecourt, Fox Creek and Valleyview. We offer caring, program-rich learning environments across 16 schools, four colony schools and four off-campus outreach programs (Gateway Academy). More information on our schools can be found here.
Parents should register their child at their appropriately designated school. If you are unfamiliar with the school your child or children may be attending, we encourage you to visit our Division Map to identify your school location, and Our Schools for more site specific information about each of our schools.
Safe, caring, quality learning environments. Commitment to ongoing education and professional development for teachers and technology in the classroom. Innovative and robust complement of options and extracurricular activities including Dual Credit, Work Experience, Registered Apprenticeship Training Hockey Academy, Urban Gardening, Fine Arts, Media Studies and Athletics.
Your journey is our greatest inspiration!
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Completed 2019 - 2020 Student Registration Form
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student
- House number and street address if residence is in a town or city; legal land address if residence is on a farm or acreage
- Home and business telephone numbers
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students moving into NGPS)
- Student Registration forms are available at your school, on your school's website or by downloading the forms here (see link in bullet 1)
Register for student busing here.
If you are unsure about designated schools or how to register please contact Julie Cook at our Division Office at 780-778-2800 or toll-free at 1-800-262-8674.