If you attended an NGPS school last year you are automatically registered for the next school year. If you are new to our Division, you will need to register for school.
Northern Gateway Public Schools serves just under 5,000 learners in the communities of Alberta Beach, Onoway, Rich Valley, Darwell, Sangudo, Mayerthorpe, Whitecourt, Fox Creek and Valleyview. We offer caring, program-rich learning environments across 16 schools, four colony schools and four off-campus outreach programs (Gateway Academy). More information on our schools can be found here.
How do I know what school my child should attend? Parents should register their child at their appropriately designated school. If you are unfamiliar with the school your child or children may be attending, we encourage you to visit our Division Map to identify your school location, and Our Schools for more information.
Your journey is our greatest inspiration!
In order to register a student, parents/guardians will be asked to provide the following information:
- Completed 2020 - 2021 Student Registration Form
- Proof of the students’s age and legal name. Documents accepted are: birth certificate, adoption certificate, student authorization visa, Canadian citizenship papers, passport, or permanent landed immigrant/residence documentation
- Notification of special medical conditions or medications for the student
- House number and street address if residence is in a town or city; legal land address if residence is on a farm or acreage. Please note, proof of residency is required at time of registration e.g. copy of a utility bill
- Home and business telephone numbers
- Name and address of child’s previous school (students moving into NGPS)
- Student Registration forms are available at your school, on your school's website or by downloading the form above
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Students beginning Kindergarten must be at least five years old by December 31, 2020. Students starting Grade One must be at least six years old by December 31, 2020. Any student who has not reached their sixteenth birthday must continue to attend school.
Please visit our Busing and Transportation page!