Northern Gateway Public Schools' Board of Trustees invites applicants for two positions as External Members of the Board's Audit Committee.
The Board is seeking two community members to serve on its Audit Committee:
- one community member with financial expertise and business knowledge; and,
- one community member at large.
The term for these positions commences immediately and ends in October 2024.
The Audit Committee is comprised of three Trustees and two independent members drawn from the community at large. The primary role of the Audit Committee is to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its duties related to governance and oversight.
Audit Committee duties fall under the following key areas:
- The financial reporting process
- Internal control framework
- Risk management practices
- Performance & function of the Board’s external auditors
- The Board’s compliance with its obligations under legislation
The Committee meets twice annually, plus ad hoc meetings as required. Induction training material will be available to all committee members to clarify roles and responsibilities within the school board sector. Compensation is consistent with current board rates.
- Applicants should have sufficient accounting, senior financial management or other relevant business experience to understand public sector accounting and auditing standards.
- The applicant must not be a current employee or officer of the NGPS board or of any other school board or school authority.
Qualified candidates interested in serving on the Audit Committee are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume by 4:00 PM on September 14, 2022 to:
Northern Gateway Public Schools