Job Posting Information
Please use the buttons below to create your online application portfolio and view all current openings. To apply for ongoing, on-call positions as a Substitute teacher and/or Substitute Education Assistant, please scroll down to the appropriate heading.
|Create your profile||Management and Professionals positions|
|Support staff positions||Teaching positions|
Involvement in education as a substitute teacher can be an extremely rewarding experience.
In the absence of the regular classroom teacher, substitute teachers help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
- Report to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follow sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
- Carry out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curricular goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Take attendance in accordance with school procedures.
- Indicate to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behaviour in the class in accordance with school and Northern Gateway Public Schools policies. Build rapport with students.
- Ensure that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
- Potentially perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as supervision.
- Know emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Know procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
- Know school procedures and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the principal.
Do you have an Education degree and are you interested in being a substitute in one of our schools? Please submit an application form!
Are you wishing to be involved in our schools but are not a certificated teacher? Please complete this application form!
We're looking for caring, enthusiastic individuals to support students in different classrooms throughout our Division on an on-call basis.
Are you amazing with kids? Have a passion for learning and working with others? Every day is a new adventure in the classroom! Post-secondary training and/or experience working with children with different learning/behavioural needs is an asset, but is not required.
- Experience working with children/students in a school, child care or youth support setting is an asset
- Ability to work professionally as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Willingness to support students with personal care/hygiene
- patient and self-motivated
If this sounds like you, please complete this application form and forward to email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you!
Northern Gateway Schools requests that all qualified applicants wishing to be considered for positions as they become available forward the documentation outlined in the job posting to the e-mail address identified in the advertisement.